Sunday, October 16, 2011

Update on Gibbs

Wow, guess its been a while since I've updates. Gibbs is doing wonderfully. We finished our basic class, in which Gibbs was just bored. I'd been working with him for the 2 months I had him before classes started on the basics that I remembered from working with Toby, so Gibbs flew through that class. In fact, he did so well, Skye is having us skip the intermediate class and go straight to advanced.

I have been taking him out with me quite a bit and he accompanies me about 50% of the time now. Its funny to see because he is a completely different dog at home, and when we are out and that vest is on. He knows when it is work time, and play time. The only things we are still working on behavior wise while in vest is dealing with other dogs (he wants to play, he doesnt misbehave, just wants to meet them and will whine if he doesnt get to) and whining when he gets bored. But if thats all the misbehaving he does in public after 3 months of training, I cant say anything bad about that.

He's been such a wonderful addition to my treatment, and to my life. I love my Mr. Gibbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment